What is au pair
Why become an au pair?
Some of the many advantages
When you live abroad you gain independence and confidence and you feel ready for the next chapter of your life
Gain work experience that you can add to your resume, develop new skills, and prepare for your next career move
Improve your language skills
Au pairs in Germany will not only improve their language skills, but will also discover a multicultural society and interesting traditions through their host family
Live with a host family and experience the German way of life while sharing your own culture
Meet new friends from all over the world and make unforgettable memories together
The cheapest way to spend a year abroad
Nevertheless, the Au Pair program is the easiest way to have an unforgettable experience abroad for little money.
What do you do as an au pair?
The duties of an au pair are:
- Drive the children to school and to leisure activities
- Cook meals for the children
- Keep the children's room clean
- Wash or sometimes iron children's laundry
- Help the children with their homework
- Put the kids to bed
- Help the children with personal hygiene
- Doing shopping. Empty the dishwasher
What should an au pair NOT do?
- Cleaning up rooms that are not for the community, as well as gardening
- Wash the car
- Wash and iron laundry for the whole family
- Clean windows
- Take care of other people's children
- Take care of pets if not discussed beforehand
Why Deutsch Academy
Help with the documents
We provide you with all the documents you need! We take care of everything!
Preparation for the interview
What can you ask and what not? No worries! We are here for you! We would be happy to tell you about the online conversation with the host family.
We will find the best host family for you
Your desires matter. We listen carefully and find the best host family for you! All families are checked by our partners in Germany!
Help with the flight
Deutsch Academy is also available to find the cheapest flight for you. We would be happy to discuss things with you, as well as the luggage and check-in. We are here for you.
Lots of tips from my own experience
Mental health is important to us. We support you through the whole process and save you the stress.
We stay in contact
We are available for you by phone so that we can discuss various situations in Germany. Free hotline 24/7 from our partners.